Here it is, the m2 version of the Lv5 subwoofer.
Built for ground pounding and taking abuse in or out of the competition lanes.
When we went to the drawing board with this one, we were looking to make improvements in cooling, motor force and soft parts. With the re-enforced surround, solid pole, machined cooling vents and a 3.5" coil, we accomplished all of those things and then some.
To really step it up with this driver take a look at the Carbon Fiber options available for it.
|The end result is a sub that has extreme amounts of output for the SPL lanes but reliable enough for a high-powered daily system.|
• Extremely rigid non-pressed paper cone assembly
• Multilayered reinforced polymer foam surround
• Dome propylene dust cover with White DC logo
• 8”OD semi cup progressive roll spiders
• Extra heavy duty interweaved tinsel lead wire
• Cast aluminum black frame
• FEA analyzed and optimized motor assembly – Fully CNC machined
• Rubber mounting gasket
• Chrome spring loaded push terminals
• DVC 3.5” 8 Layer Hi-temp Aluminum voice coil wound on a stainless steel voice coil former
with high current input strips.
|Mounting Hole Diameter||11"||14"||16.75"|
|Outside Driver Diameter||12.5"||15.7"||18.5"|
|VC Diameter||3.5" Flat 8 layer||3.5" Flat 8 layer||3.5" Flat 8 layer|
|Displacement||.20³ ft||.24³ ft||.26³ ft|
|Power Handling RMS/Peak||
|Sd||494.00 cm²||791.00 cm²||1159.00 cm²|
|Suggested Ported||1.5³ ft||3.0³ ft||5.5³ ft|